Well, I got some bummy news this morning. I went back for the follow-up visit to my orthopaedic, and he recommended for me not to run the half-marathon. He said it's much better for me to stick with 5Ks now (when my hip feels better) and then build up to 10Ks, rather than jumping into the half-marathon and potentially hurting my hip worse. He said hip bursitis usually sticks around for 3 months. That would be mid-March.
I didn't want to hear this, but I think, at this point, it's for the best. My hip is still not normal. I can do a lot more on it now, but still can't run on it. Plus, I kept redoing my training schedule to make it shorter in length since the race day is sneaking up on me. The problem with shortening the schedule is that they assume you're already in good shape and can start off running 3-5 miles at a time. Which is definitely not the case!
I guess I'll just do what he says- stick to 5Ks and 10Ks and see how it goes! I will definitely be cheering on my amazing hubby if he decides to do that race in April. :)
So, I'll make this my last "training" blog... these were done in hopes that I could look back and say- oh, I was only running 1.5 miles? And it took me 11 minutes per mile? Look how far I've come! Yeah... well... that definitely didn't happen. Here are my final trainings. So long!
Saturday, 1/26
Activity: Hip Hop Abs- Total Body Burn
Time: 30 minutes
Sunday, 1/27:
Activity: (Attempted) jogging
Time: Jogging- 2:04 minutes, Walking- 4:00 minutes
Distance: Jogging- .17 miles (I am SO ready for that 1/2 marathon!!), Walking- .26 miles
Calories burned: 45
and
Activity: Advocare Workout DVD (Melt 1)
Time: 24 minutes
Monday, 1/28:
Activity: Advocare Workout DVD (Melt 1)
Time: 24 minutes
Tuesday, 1/29:
Activity: Eliptical
Time: 25 minutes
Distance: 1.69 miles
Calories burned: 259
No comments:
Post a Comment