Saturday, January 26, 2013

Training- Week 15 (and hip update)

OK, update on the hip. It's been feeling much better, mostly thanks to time and medicine, less thanks to physical therapy.  I think physical therapy helped some, but I would do things like ride the bike and do stretches on my own for 45 minutes of the hour, and only see the PT for about 15 minutes... and let's face it, an hour after a long day at work with 3 kids and a husband who travels... that hour was not well spent, I didn't think.  I can bike and do stretches on my own.

So, I cancelled the rest of my PT sessions and was really excited to start back running this week.  I looked up a new training schedule, one that was a 14 week schedule (seeing that we are officially 14 weeks out!) and was ready to go today (Monday).

I started jogging at a slower pace on the treadmill today, only to realize within 10 seconds that my hip was not ready for that.  UGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.  SO frustrating.  So, the eliptical it was.

**On a side note, Stephen wanted to train for the half marathon with me, and since he has a healthy hip, he has been able to continue on.  He is up to about 6 miles now, and running at an 8-something minute pace!  I am very proud of him (and a little jealous!).

Monday, 1/21:

Activity: Eliptical
Time: 31 minutes
Distance: 1.70 miles
Calories burned: 300

and

Activity: Advocare Workout Video (Melt 1)
Time: 24 minutes


Tuesday, 1/22:

Activity: Advocare Workout Video (Shred 1)
Time: 24 minutes


Wednesday, 1/23:

Activity: Advocare Workout Video (Sculpt 1)
Time: 24 minutes


Thursday, 1/24:

Activity: Hip Hop Abs- Total Body Burn DVD
Time: 20 minutes


Friday, 1/25:

Activity: Advocare Workout Video (Core Stretch)
Time: 24 minutes

No comments: