Thursday, January 24, 2013

Updates

I feel like I haven't blogged much lately... but sadly, I don't feel like I have anything really interesting to write about!  But, I thought I'd update you on how my New Year's resolution is going so far.

Do you remember my goal was to simplify?  Well, so far, VERY good! 

I think the first thing that has helped is having the maid service!  Holy schmoly, it is so nice not to have to worry about taking times on the nights or weekends to clean the whole house.  They only come once every two weeks, but it sure is nice to have things done that often!  (Yes, I am publicly admitting that we didn't typically do things every 2 weeks.  Sad, but true).  So, that has been great.  Of course, we have to do everyday type cleaning activities, but for the most part, things have been staying relatively clean.  (even the girls' rooms!  Shocker!)

Part of the girls' rooms staying clean is also all that work on did on 1/1/13, with putting up lots of their toys.  Now there's not as much to make a mess with.  Or, there's not as much to clean up.  Either way you look at it, they go to bed each night with relatively clean rooms.  And me with a clearer head.  (And happy feet, from not stepping on the tenth little lego piece on the floor)

The next thing that has been a huge help is my whole "leave work at work" position.  It has been amazingly fabulous, something I would recommend for everyone.  We work 8+ hour days, there's no reason to have to work more.  If you can't get it done in 8 hours, you get 8 more hours the next day to finish it up.

Lastly, I've been trying to make the post-work, before-Stephen-gets-home time run more smoothly.  If I leave work at a reasonable time, I can get the kids and get home by 4:30.  Stephen usually doesn't get home until 5:30 (or tonight, 6:30 because he went to run).  The girls can be pretty tired after a long day at school, and I hate to just plop them in front of the tv for mindless entertainment.  I've been organizing all the arts and crafts we have into ones appropriate for Sydney and ones appropriate for Taylor to pull from when we get home.  They love it!  It keeps their creative juices flowing, and usually keeps the tears away, while I can unpack bookbags, sign daily sheets, wash bottles, and cook dinner. 

Now, not every night is perfect (like tonight, when all 3 were screaming for a good 10 minutes), but it definitely helps.

Working life with three kids really isn't all that stressful!  (I hope I didn't just jinx anything!!)  I know you can make it more stressful, and stressful days will arise... but, I think with destressing myself and organizing things better, it reflects better on the kids.  It's the circle of... happiness... peace... sanity!

I saw this on Pinterest... it really does entertain them for a long time!

Hello, world!

No comments: