Sunday, November 28, 2010

3 more days!

Wow, I remember when the countdown was 100 days, and now we're only down to 3!  3 more days until our sweet second daughter is born.  I'm very excited and anxious.  Don't you hate it when you're about to go through something, and you keep hearing/seeing horror stories about it?  For example, my latest People magazine came in the mail on Friday, and there's a whole article about an actress who just had a baby via c-section.  Well, a good part of the article talks about how she almost died from the c-section.  So, I've been a little bit on pins and needles since then.  I know, I know, people have c-sections all the time and are fine.  I know I went through one and it was perfectly fine.  Let's hope this one is the same.  Please just say a little prayer for Wednesday morning that all will go well!'

We had a great long Thanksgiving weekend.  We didn't really attempt to do any Black Friday shopping, but we did go to Walmart Friday late-morning, and it was like a ghost town!  Either everyone was already gone, or people in Loganville were just avoiding it as much as possible.  Stephen's cousin and his wife came in town Friday afternoon.  We made chili, and they all went to their high school football team's game in DeKalb County.  Sadly, their team lost, but they had fun anyways.  Saturday morning, we went to the Mall of Georgia to do some Christmas shopping.  Sydney missed her nap but fell asleep around 4 PM.  Needless to say, she didn't go to sleep until 10:30 that night!  It's okay... she helped me cheer on the Dawgs (I was grossly outnumbered watching the game).  Congrats to the Dawgs, even though I don't really think we have "bragging rights"... that was such a messy game, on both sides!  But we'll take it!


 Sydney wearing her new UGA shirt (thanks, Aunt Kendall!)


 Miss Independent- putting her shoes on for church.

Tonight, we're heading to a local Italian restaurant with our neighbors.  It's becoming a little tradition- this time last year, we went when my neighbor was pregnant and days away from delivering.  She had the eggplant parmesan and delivered the next day.  We're going to try the same tonight!  We'll see if I have the same kind of luck.  If not, I'm only 3 days away, and that will be fine, too.  At least we have a good excuse to get to hang out. 

That's all for an update now!  Countdown... 65 hours.  Crazy!



1 comment:

Kristine said...

I was totally planning on trying the eggplant parm but then my water broke a week early! Ooh, getting excited for you! I will say a prayer on Wednesday. Good luck!