Friday, November 12, 2010

Eventful Week

As I type this blog entry, I feel like I could doze any minute... so please excuse any typos, poor sentence structure, lack of humor, etc.  :)  I just uploaded my pics and thought I'd go ahead and post some, while it was fresh on my brain.

So, one more week down, and really only one more to go before we have a week off for Turkey Day, and then the big day is the next week!  This week actually went by pretty slowly.  I had a busy week at work, plus lots of after-work activities (doctor's appointment, neighbor's 1 year old birthday party, dinner with friends, etc.).  Here are a few of the pics from the birthday par-tay.



                         Who needs a fork?                


  I have to tell her, "hands up!" so she won't touch anything :)

Friday was an exciting day, as my two schools were coming together to throw a big shower for me.  When I woke up Friday AM, I had some pre-term labor symptoms (I will spare you of the details) and the doc wanted to see me today.  I went in this morning and he confirmed it was the start of labor, but that it could still be days or even a couple weeks away.  Seeing that I'm having a c-section, they aren't really concerned unless I'm in active labor. 

So, I headed back to school and made it to the shower.  It was an all-day drop in, and people had prepared such yummy food.  The conference room was decorated so nicely, and there were so many gifts and cards.  People are so unbelievable.  I have only known these people for 3-1/2 months, and I'm only part-time at each school, so it's not like I work all day long with anybody.  The people I work with were SO thoughtful and generous, it is really touching. 

One thing that really touched me was- one lady I work with got Sydney a gift, too.  The card said, "Sweet Special Sister Sydney".  Inside were all sorts of Dora things (Sydney's new favorite!) including a talking book, pajamas, an umbrella, forks/spoons, bowl/plate/cup, sippy cups, a Dora doll, etc.!  It was so sweet!  Sydney loved it and wouldn't put down her "Dora Doll" all night.

Another sweet thing was that my co-teacher and all the kids in my co-teaching class made me cards.  They were so sweet.  Here are some pics:

Getting some colorful bibs!!

The yummy food...

An adorable gift... see that it's a bunny on a bike?

Sydney kissing her "Dora Doll"

It was a great week.  I'm just exhausted.  I think my mood is catching up to my uncomfortability (is that a word?).  I feel like I've been a little more short, patience-wise, the last few days.  Hmmm, hopefully this will pass soon.  We have a fun weekend ahead of us, I'm sure I'll post another update soon!

No comments: