My mom and dad came over to join me, Stephen, and Sydney for a late lunch. My brother and sister always do Thanksgiving with their in-laws, so it was just the 5 of us. Mom made the turkey, dressing, salad, and gravy, while I made the squash casserole, pumpkin pie, and rolls. I was quite proud of my homemade squash casserole and pumpkin pie- neither of which I have tried to make before. Needless to say, we were all in a bit of a food coma after lunch, but had fun running around with Sydney, watching football, and hanging out.
After they left, the three of us played outside for a while. The weather was perfect this afternoon! We took a long stroll around the neighborhood, going down to the lake to see the fish. It was a very fun day. I am so thankful for the wonderful family I have. I am truly blessed!
OK, and I finally went around last night and took some snapshots of a few things. Here's a little photo update for you:
The Thanksgiving table set-up.
Updates on the nursery... not quite finished, but getting there!
We're going to get a mirror to go here... but meanwhile, I'll hang this cute banner!
We moved the changing table to the nursery, and got Sydney this toy organizer to go in its place! As organized as Sydney is, she LOVES it. :)
The Elf on the Shelf in hiding...
She found him!
Our tree...
Also, I want to give a shout out to my sister and brother-in-law... today is their 10 year anniversary!! Happy anniversary!! 10 years ago, at this exact time, we were dancing the night away at a ballroom at the Roswell Mill. It was a cold, drizzly night (and the Dawgs had just lost to GT) but it was an awesome wedding! (plus, since then, they have produced two absolutely adorable nieces for me, which I appreciate!)







No comments:
Post a Comment