Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cali- Day 2

So, I mentioned that the girls would be calling our names early the next morning... didn't really expect for it to be 3:30 AM!!  But, I suppose that does make sense... anyways, we tried to stay as lazy as possible, but by 5 AM PST, we were up and dressed.  So, we killed a couple hours before Ashley, Mike, and Landon got up.  I took some pictures of their backyard.  Let me tell you, I am very jealous.  Our backyard is just a field of grass.  Their's is flourishing with trees (orange and lemon), rose bushes, a vegetable garden, plants galore.  They have a lovely stone path that leads to their cool deck.  Maybe this can be our backyard goal in 10 years. :)  Here are some pictures of their yard (and some of the girls, too):












We went to a nearby Farmer's Market in the morning, which was incredible.  Local vendors came out and sold all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  They have this Farmer's Market every Sunday, and people from all over town seemed to stop by to get their produce.  (It's not like the lovely Publix I venture to for my produce!).

After Taylor and Landon woke from their naps, we packed some picnic lunches and headed out to a winery for Ashley's birthday celebration!  Several of her local friends and SF friends joined in on the festivities.  It was a perfect way to celebrate.  There were picnic tables, lots of grass for the kids to run around on, a rustic building where we did wine tasting, and a hiking trail.  We didn't attempt much of a hike, but Stephen, the girls, and I went up the trail a few minutes to scope out the view.


The local peacock joined us, too.











After a few hours of eating, playing, drinking wine, we headed back to San Jose.  Ashley and Mike grilled steak and salmon for dinner (I'm telling you... best hosts EVER!), we hung out for a while, and we again hit the hay around 9 PM.  It was a great day- great company, beautiful weather, fun experiences.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE it! Cute pics! So, now the big question is....WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK?!? :)

Brooke said...

Well, according to Sydney, she wants to "go back to California tomorrow", so it might be sooner than you think. :)